PDA

View Full Version : Digital Clock adjust time date format colors

woodsmoke
01-29-2010, 08:59 AM
I made several searches and did not find this particular topic, it may be my bad search terms, so I thought I would post it in case anyone could use it.

Digital Clock "Digital Clock" panel clock format change numbers dates AM PM colors

This does not change the TIME of the clock setting, merely what is displayed.

Changing the numbers and colors is done in two places:
a) “Digital Clock settings” for the day, hour etc.
b) Panel settings for the color of the numbers.

A) To change the DISPLAY of numbers to show say, hours and minutes, and AM or PM (Given that you have actually added the clock), you right click on the clock and you will see:

“Digital Clock Settings”.

Click that.

You will see an interactive box and the top of the box will have a white box labled “Clock Format” within which you can place various scripts for displaying different information.

The scripts are standard for the clock and are in the format of “%letter” without the quotes(notice also there is no space between the percent sign and the letter).

So to have this displayed in the clock:

hh:mm(hours and minutes)

you would enter:

%R

if you wanted to add “am or pm”(the bios will correctly provide am or pm) to the clock in small case or capitals you would enter either:

%p or %P

You would see something like 1:35 AM if you entered %R%P.

There are MANY variations of this which includes things like bolding etc. which can be found at

this site: (http://tcl.activestate.com/man/tcl8.3/TclCmd/clock.htm)

You can also “play” with the clock in that you could type something like “woodsmoke's time is: ” either before or after the things like %R%P to snazzy things up.

B) To change the color of the numbers and letters in the clock display.

The default of the clock is “black” letters/numbers. To change this to “white(or another color)” letters/numbers, right click anywhere on the panel and then click “panel settings”.

In that box you will see under the “General” tab at the bottom “font” if the button is up the numbers will display in black and if it is depressed the “custom” color of white is displayed.

Clicking the button will change the color in real time, so that you can check it without having to open and close.

If you want a color other than white you should click on the “white” color box and you will see the KDE “color wheel” that is found in image programs like GIMP etc. and you can pick a color.

Hope this helps someone and if anyone has questions, please ask.

woodsmoke