PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome https failures

krishna.murphy
02-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I've been using Chrome since I added it to my half installed Knoppix system(booting with fromhd=/dev/sda1 and a persistent homedir), and all of a sudden I'm having certicate failures; not in the other browsers, just Chrome. :x Any ideas?

Capricorny
02-04-2010, 11:58 PM
I don't know Chrome (yet), but such problems have in the past often been associated with browser upgrades. Is the problem still there when you run the very latest version of Chrome? (And is the available .deb package such a latest?)
Just a long shot, but you don't give too much info..

krishna.murphy
02-05-2010, 05:25 PM
I don't know Chrome (yet), but such problems have in the past often been associated with browser upgrades. Is the problem still there when you run the very latest version of Chrome? (And is the available .deb package such a latest?)
Just a long shot, but you don't give too much info..

Sigh - yes, I'm at the bleeding edge. I found a checkbox that turns off checking for certificate revocation, which at least lets me look at the sites I'm interested in. Thanks for responding! :(

-Krishna
p.s. Chrome is a great browser, which you get at Google's site(s). Lots of goodies, like a YouTube video downloading/transcoding extension.