PDA

View Full Version : knoppix 6.2 netcardconfig does not keep nameservers

dany171
02-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi to everybody. i have been trying to configure my netcard on knoppix 6.2. My knoppix is installed on me HD.

what i have done:

I ran netcardconfig , the netcardconfig GUI appears and i configured the IP address, netmask, broadcast, default gateway and nameserver.

what works:

the IP address, netmask, broadcast, default gateway are fine, i checked the /etc/network/interfaces, and there is the generated configuration.

I can do ping to another PCs on my LAN.

what does not work:

The nameserver configuration does not keep saved. Because i saw in the /etc/resolv.conf and there is not anythig . i was specting something like :
nameserver A.SER.VER.IP

So i can't surf on internet (unless i use the server's IPs).

My attemps:

*I have edited the /etc/resolv.conf with my namservers , and it works. but when i rebooted the system and the nameserver configuration was deleted.

How can i do a definitive nameserver configuration ?

Thanks for the answers.

klaus2008
03-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Why do you use netcardconfig? The "NetworkManager Applet" is already integrated into the GUI. It's near the right corner of the screen on the lxpanel. The configuration can be done by right clicking on the icon and selecting "Edit Connections". I think that the program is self-explanatory. All my network configurations (WLAN, VPN) I have managed with that applet. It should work with a wired connection, too.