PDA

View Full Version : "Cant find Knoppix file system" error when bootin

sinncier
02-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Ok so the LAS linux 0.5 CD comes with my Ethical Hacking book. I burned a copy of a friends CD because my book was used and didnt have one.

ANYWAYS.....When i restart my computer and boot from the CD and hit Enter at "Boot" the CD starts to load then i get this error: "Cant find Knoppix file system, dropped to limited shell" with these options underneath: Cat, mount, umount, insmod, rmmod, lsmod.
Looks like this....

Cant find Knoppix file system, sorry.
Dropped to limited shell

cat mount umount
insmod mmod lsmod

Knoppix:

I've tested the image file with Virtual PC and it works fine, boots to the LAS desktop. ALSO, i booted directly from the CD in Virtual PC and it works fine.
So i know there is nothing wrong with the CD i burned. But when i restart my PC and try it, it keeps saying the "cant find the file system" error and boots to the limited shell.

Anyone experience the same thing and know the issue??

Oh and my pc specs are:

Lenovo G530 Laptop

Dual Core
3Gb ram
250gb HDD
Windows 7 professional

krishna.murphy
02-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Hey-

Are you using 2 computers here? I can't quite tell. Maybe it's a problem with the CD in a particular drive...

-Krishna

Ok so the LAS linux 0.5 CD comes with my Ethical Hacking book. I burned a copy of a friends CD because my book was used and didnt have one.

ANYWAYS.....When i restart my computer and boot from the CD and hit Enter at "Boot" the CD starts to load then i get this error: "Cant find Knoppix file system, dropped to limited shell" with these options underneath: Cat, mount, umount, insmod, rmmod, lsmod.
Looks like this....

Cant find Knoppix file system, sorry.
Dropped to limited shell

cat mount umount
insmod mmod lsmod

Knoppix:

I've tested the image file with Virtual PC and it works fine, boots to the LAS desktop. ALSO, i booted directly from the CD in Virtual PC and it works fine.
So i know there is nothing wrong with the CD i burned. But when i restart my PC and try it, it keeps saying the "cant find the file system" error and boots to the limited shell.

Anyone experience the same thing and know the issue??