PDA

View Full Version : Two problems with HDD instalation

kill_u
03-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi

I install Knoppix 6.2.1 on the HDD of very old laptop. It is a FS E-series and it works fine. The main disturbing problem is I cant stop this screenreader. How I could do that? I understoot there is a option to run trought shell at the beginning but when I tried it gave me a errors and return me in shell.

Here is the Xorg.0.log
http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=fe5d79de52

The second problem which I can't solve is the screen resolution. Mine is 800x600 but looks ugly. How I could change it on 1024x768. I tried to find some records in xorg.conf but with lack of succssess.

kill_u
03-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Guys I already change the resolution and install knoppix again without adriane support. But could someone tell me how to change the keyboard layout?

I added this applet to the menu but there is only US layout. When I try to add something else into xorg.conf it just do not remember it. I work as a "root" but when I restart LXDE everything is the same.

krishna.murphy
04-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Guys I already change the resolution and install knoppix again without adriane support. But could someone tell me how to change the keyboard layout?

I added this applet to the menu but there is only US layout. When I try to add something else into xorg.conf it just do not remember it. I work as a "root" but when I restart LXDE everything is the same.

Did you create an AES-encrypted persistent storage file? Without that it's much like a CD, in that no changes are permanent.

Krishna :)