PDA

View Full Version : disabling those annoying (yet useful) things your mouse does

jeditalian
03-20-2010, 01:41 AM
The thing that happens when you bring your mouse to the top left is called Expo. you could disable it completely in compizconfig, or just change its bindings to something you don't do on accident.
the top right corner one is called Scale.
i have no idea what the <super> key is but i cannot find it on my laptop. on ubuntu the windows key is <super L> but on here it's the <meta-key>.
on ubuntu if i press windows key and scroll up or down i get the zoom and pan effect. not sure how to bind it to mouse wheel on knoppix. and the navcursor that usually happens when you click the mouse wheel button doesnt happen in knoppix. does anybody know how to set that up?

lxdeone
04-19-2010, 05:08 PM
In 6.2.1 you can disable Compiz completely with bootoption "no3d". The zoom effect is achieved by holding ctrl + mouse wheel.

utu
06-13-2010, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE=jeditalian;119705]The thing that happens when you bring your mouse to the top left is called Expo. you could disable it completely in compizconfig, or just change its bindings to something you don't do on accident.
the top right corner one is called Scale.

If you haven't found it by now, there is a menu item under 'System Tools' called 'Compiz Fusion Icon' which installs an applet which allows some gui edits of compiz.

How you knew to look for 'scale' is beyond me, but thanks; I thought this was a nuisance too.

Cheers.