PDA

View Full Version : knoppix cd running but after that blank screen

marooketan
03-29-2010, 05:42 PM
hello this is my first message in this forum and i am new for linux.sirs i have a knoppix cd and want it to run for recover my data but problem is this cd is running perfectly in my home pc but when i try to run it on my corrupted pc it starts to boot ask for pressing return key and after that only blank screen comes.another then these both pc i tried to run it in a 3rd pc it again it starts and blank screen monitor shows some high frequency or some thing like that so please help me about this

krishna.murphy
04-05-2010, 12:56 AM
hello this is my first message in this forum and i am new for linux.sirs i have a knoppix cd and want it to run for recover my data but problem is this cd is running perfectly in my home pc but when i try to run it on my corrupted pc it starts to boot ask for pressing return key and after that only blank screen comes.another then these both pc i tried to run it in a 3rd pc it again it starts and blank screen monitor shows some high frequency or some thing like that so please help me about this

I doubt that this problem can be fixed by Knoppix, it sounds like a hardware issue. You can remove the HD from the problem system and either put it in the other one (where Knoppix worked) or use an external USB-HD case to make it accessible wherever you want it.

Hope that helps!
Krishna :)