PDA

View Full Version : DVD burning software

ledatica
06-08-2003, 12:43 PM
I installed Knoppix on the systems and lookng for software to burn DVDs. Any suggestionms?

Tx

LD

Stephen
06-08-2003, 05:53 PM
[01:59 PM Sun Jun 08: stephen @ ~]
>$ dpkg -l | grep dvd
ii dvd+rw-tools 5.5.4.3.4-2 DVD+RW/+R tools
ii dvdrecord 0.1.4-1 A tool for writing DVD's and CD's
ii libdvdnav1 0.1.3-1 The DVD navigation library
ii libdvdread2 0.9.3-2 Simple foundation for reading DVDs.

Simon8
01-01-2004, 09:02 PM
the burn programm k3b need an update to a newer Version to burn dvds. Go to the k3b homepage and download one of the debian packages *.deb
I used the "woody" package and installed it with apt . I had to force apt to overwrite existing folders as k3b uses the same (empty) folders as another package.
Simon

Stephen
01-01-2004, 10:07 PM
the burn programm k3b need an update to a newer Version to burn dvds. Go to the k3b homepage and download one of the debian packages *.deb
I used the "woody" package and installed it with apt . I had to force apt to overwrite existing folders as k3b uses the same (empty) folders as another package.
Simon

And if you are running Sarge/SID you have to be careful not to let the package from Debian that just moved into the archives from overwriting the one from K3b, the package in Debian has bugs in it that stop it from using the plugins for the ogg and mp3 conversion I had to go back to the third party package where everything works fine I was not really impressed to say the least.