PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix loads without right mouse click on the Desktop

GizmoPlushie
04-14-2010, 02:34 PM
So these way I can't even change the Wallpaper even when I used the mouse on the Desktop to launch "wallpaper changer" by rewriting knoppix.jpg which isn't possible yet either,

am I cursed, maybe?

Capricorny
04-15-2010, 11:02 PM
You must tell us more about the version and how you run Knoppix. The cheat code "no3d" may help if it is a Compiz-related problem. Using Compiz, I have an area where right-click works, and one where it doesn't (6.2.1). If you install to USB, you should be able to make most cosmetic changes, like wallpaper, permanently

GizmoPlushie
04-16-2010, 07:48 AM
You must tell us more about the version and how you run Knoppix. The cheat code "no3d" may help if it is a Compiz-related problem. Using Compiz, I have an area where right-click works, and one where it doesn't (6.2.1). If you install to USB, you should be able to make most cosmetic changes, like wallpaper, permanently

I use the standalone HDD installed 6.2 Knoppix version, mentioned to be the OS for other OS backup and resting purposes, but I quickly adapted (made changes like Style & Walllpaper, some icons) and runned Compiz and other mods. Since my PC is 500Mhz with 128 memory banks, I'm happy it loads and plays movies 2 times better than ordinary payable OS.

I launched Compiz by launching Run and typing "Compiz --"reactivate or something"" inside. I won't install it on USB. I like my drive you know?