PDA

View Full Version : Kpackage

Madcatz
06-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Hi,

I really have to apologize for my bad bad english, because I'm french and it isn't that easy
to use "technical" english huhu .....

I've encountered a pretty problem with Kpackage (yeah I know I should use apt-get...) :
I can't uninstall packages ! When I try to unistall some packages, I always get the
same error message: "exec_failed: such (smthg) ...."

It would be nice if you could help me, because I'd like to uninstall some packages in order
to upgrade my system !

Thanks a lot for your help !

Pasq
06-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Why not apt-get remove ??

Stephen
06-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Hi,

I really have to apologize for my bad bad english, because I'm french and it isn't that easy
to use "technical" english huhu .....

I've encountered a pretty problem with Kpackage (yeah I know I should use apt-get...) :
I can't uninstall packages ! When I try to unistall some packages, I always get the
same error message: "exec_failed: such (smthg) ...."

It would be nice if you could help me, because I'd like to uninstall some packages in order
to upgrade my system !

Thanks a lot for your help !

If you would like to remove the packages graphically then apt-get install synaptic as root in a console window to install synaptic which is a graphical front end for apt. Then synaptic as root in a console window will open the program and you will be able to remove the packages you wish. note: you may want to use the -s switch to simulate the action of apt to check for conflicts and then remove the -s to install eg. apt-get -s install synaptic.