PDA

View Full Version : ram question

cinephile
06-23-2010, 02:11 AM
Please bear with me I am no expert but I have a question about ram persistence. After a session using knoppix live cd if I reboot (that is open and close the tray with cd) does all the info. from my previous session disappear or could there still be info. in ram? Would it be better to turn the pc off completely for awhile then restart? Thanks for any help.

krishna.murphy
06-23-2010, 02:43 AM
Please bear with me I am no expert but I have a question about ram persistence. After a session using knoppix live cd if I reboot (that is open and close the tray with cd) does all the info. from my previous session disappear or could there still be info. in ram? Would it be better to turn the pc off completely for awhile then restart? Thanks for any help.

For the extremely-security-conscious among us (not a bad thing to be), I would recommend simply turning the system off instead of shutting down. I used to always do that, just to save the time used in shutting down "cleanly", and then boot again to power up the drive so I could get my disk out. After all, the system-on-CD won't be trashed by powering off!

Cheers!
Krishna :mrgreen: