PDA

View Full Version : Flash payer plugin

roxana
07-03-2010, 10:49 PM
How could i watch YouTube videos, each time i'm trying to watch YT videos there apears a warning bar " ADDITIONAL PLUGINS ARE REQUIRED TO DISPLAY ALL THE MEDIA ON THIS PAGE. "
And on right side of this warning bar it apears "INSTALL MISSING PLUGINS" as an active choice so i clicked on it and downloaded it and installed it too , but i still can't watch YouTube videos because when i'm surffing back on YouTube after flash player installing that warning bar it apears again notice that Flash Player is missing.
Please tell me what sould i do as i could watch YouTube videos.
I don't have a HDD and my Live CD is KNOPPIX 5.1
Thank you.

krishna.murphy
07-04-2010, 12:54 AM
How could i watch YouTube videos, each time i'm trying to watch YT videos there apears a warning bar " ADDITIONAL PLUGINS ARE REQUIRED TO DISPLAY ALL THE MEDIA ON THIS PAGE. "
And on right side of this warning bar it apears "INSTALL MISSING PLUGINS" as an active choice so i clicked on it and downloaded it and installed it too , but i still can't watch YouTube videos because when i'm surffing back on YouTube after flash player installing that warning bar it apears again notice that Flash Player is missing.
Please tell me what sould i do as i could watch YouTube videos.
I don't have a HDD and my Live CD is KNOPPIX 5.1
Thank you.

Dear Roxana:

You should probably obtain another version; 5.1 is somewhat out of date now. In order to use flash player, it would have to be downloaded (probably not using the mechanism you describe) and also, in order to avoid having to download it every time, you'll need something like a memory card or flash drive.

The latest version uses what is called a "persistent store" on a writable device to keep things like extra programs (flash is not fully free, and therefore not distributed with Knoppix.) It's a lot less difficult than it probably sounds, though; I watch flash stuff all the time with mine. You can also obtain a pre-loaded Knoppix-on-flash device here (http://www.knoppix.net/buy-knoppix-usb.php) if you like.

Installing new software is actually pretty easy once you have that kind of setup going, but there is a centralized mechanism for that, to avoid having incompatible stuff make the computer hiccup. On version 6.2 (the one I use), it's accessed by clicking on the main menu, then Preferences, then Synaptic Package Manager. Let us know if you decide to do that and we'll help you get it set up.

Hope that helps!
Krishna :mrgreen:

roxana
07-04-2010, 10:15 AM
I got a flash memory by 1 GB , do you think i could install a live cd on it an then run Knoppix on it?
And how and where from could i download a free newer Knoppix yhan mine.
Thank you.

roxana
07-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Could you tell me yet how could i install BitCOMMET and use it for download some stuff for exam?
And i stil need flash player plugin too :). You must know what should i do , i'm sure about that.:mrgreen:

cinephile
07-19-2010, 03:56 AM
I have knoppix 6.3 which I got from a magazine. It comes with flash and works no problem.
Don't know if you can d/l 6.3 yet..

krishna.murphy
07-19-2010, 11:24 AM
I have knoppix 6.3 which I got from a magazine. It comes with flash and works no problem.
Don't know if you can d/l 6.3 yet..

The best information I have is that the special versions distributed by magazines in the past were never placed on the download servers at all, at least not officially. It's fairly easy, though, to use the upgrade mechanisms built in to Knoppix to get it in there your self. Just go to Preferences on the main menu and click where it says "Synaptic Package Manager", then do a search for Flash. There's a chance that you'd need to add a repository, as I'm not at a Knoppix-capable machine right now, and can't try it - please let us know if you need more help.

Cheers!
Krishna :mrgreen:

kl522
07-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Could you tell me yet how could i install BitCOMMET and use it for download some stuff for exam?
And i stil need flash player plugin too :). You must know what should i do , i'm sure about that.:mrgreen:

Trying to address the flash player plugin portion. Since flash developed by Adobe, why don't you install the so-called "shockwave flash plugin" from Adobe ? Just go search Adobe website. Thought it would be more than obvious ? Isn't it ?