PDA

View Full Version : error! duringbooting knoppix-std !!

R@hu!
07-21-2010, 07:10 PM
actually i'm new with knoppix and i recently burn an iso imageof knoppix-std to an cd.and try toinstall after installation i get an error! that knoppix file is not accessable and limited command can be operated.and any cheat is for that or problem is with the cd.....

krishna.murphy
07-21-2010, 08:11 PM
actually i'm new with knoppix and i recently burn an iso imageof knoppix-std to an cd.and try toinstall after installation i get an error! that knoppix file is not accessable and limited command can be operated.and any cheat is for that or problem is with the cd.....

I think this could be a bad burn to the CD, or a bad ISO download. Can you check the md5 checksum for the version you got? Another possibility is to check the CD itself; to do that, boot with
knoppix testcd If it won't even do that much, you have a bad disk, I think. Checking the md5sum will ensure that you at least have a good ISO image, which can be burned at SLOW speed for the best reliability in burning. If you're using Windows to do the burning, you may need to kill the Explorer process, too.

Cheers!
Krishna :mrgreen:

Harry Kuhman
07-21-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm not clear why anyone would still fool with Knoppix STD, much less try to install it. It was released 6 1/2 years ago, has never been updated, and Wikipedia kindly calls it "stagnated, lacking updated drivers and packages". If what you are looking for is a security based distro, I would suggest that you consider a different distro. A current version of BackTrack would be one that I could recommend. although there are others. Don't waste your time with STD.