PDA

View Full Version : hdd install to replace linux fs

todsr1
06-10-2003, 07:49 AM
I have just discovered Knoppix and love it. It recognises all the hardware on an old laptop. Great!
I want an hdd install that replaces the current slow, bloated and generally messed up (semi broken...) linux install; I have V3.2-2003-05-20.
What will Knoppix do with the existing ext3 partitions? I'd quite happily keep the partitioning as it is and just write over everything that's already there, or repartition the system in the process, or whatever - will the hdd install give me such options?
Thanks in advance....

garyng
06-10-2003, 07:51 AM
yes, it will. If you already have a partition which you don't mind KNOPPIX to wipe and overwrite, HD install is easy and painless.

Stephen
06-10-2003, 08:32 AM
I have just discovered Knoppix and love it. It recognises all the hardware on an old laptop. Great!
I want an hdd install that replaces the current slow, bloated and generally messed up (semi broken...) linux install; I have V3.2-2003-05-20.
What will Knoppix do with the existing ext3 partitions? I'd quite happily keep the partitioning as it is and just write over everything that's already there, or repartition the system in the process, or whatever - will the hdd install give me such options?
Thanks in advance....

You will need minimum partitions of 2.2gb for / and 128mb for /swap. The install will put everything into the / partition.