PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 6.2 - dialog no longer draws lines around dialog boxes

helphelp
08-25-2010, 04:53 AM
Hi - i "upgraded" from knoppix 5.1 to 6.2 and discovered that the dialog command no longer draws lines around any dialog boxes (text box, message box, popups, etc). I am trying to get the lines displayed without shadow enabled, similar to the picture here http://homepages.e3.net.nz/~keithmg/images/pkgtool.png . I copied the exact same dialogrc config file which i used for knoppix 5.1 to 6.2. However the lines around the edge of the dialog boxes don't appear. But the very same dialogrc config file works as expected in knoppix 5.1 (i.e. draws lines around the boxes). Is there something wrong with dialog in knoppix 6.2? I have been through knoppix 6.2's dialog man pages and cannot find any flags to enable lines in dialog (only shadows which is not what i want). Are there any settings i can enable to turn on the drawing of lines around the dialog boxes in knoppix 6.2? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!!

helphelp
08-25-2010, 05:04 AM
Hi - i "upgraded" from knoppix 5.1 to 6.2 and discovered that the dialog command no longer draws lines around any dialog boxes (text box, message box, popups, etc). I am trying to get the lines displayed without shadow enabled, similar to the picture here - homepages.e3.net.nz/~keithmg/images/pkgtool.png . I copied the exact same dialogrc config file which i used for knoppix 5.1 to 6.2. However the lines around the edge of the dialog boxes don't appear. But the very same dialogrc config file works as expected in knoppix 5.1 (i.e. draws lines around the boxes). Is there something wrong with dialog in knoppix 6.2? I have been through knoppix 6.2's dialog man pages and cannot find any flags to enable lines in dialog (only shadows which is not what i want). Are there any settings i can enable to turn on the drawing of lines around the dialog boxes in knoppix 6.2? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!!