PDA

View Full Version : Freeze on selection execution - Knoppix 6.2 compaq evo n610c

Dawisk
10-03-2010, 04:51 AM
Hi

Im running Knoppix 6.2 on a Compaq Evo 610c. It's an old computer but it was running somewhat decently on the Live dvd except for the fact that my dvd drive has seen better days. After installing to hard drive via wizard from the main gui menu everything loads up fine and i can open whatever i want but as soon as I make a selection of any kind and hit enter, or if i try to close a program or window the computer freezes. This might have to do with the network as im prompted to enter a keyring password to unlock the network manager applet and i get a freeze after i enter password and hit enter.

Another issue is that even though i've disabled effects the effects are still running eg. Wobble on the windows.

If anyone can think of an obvious answer for this issue i'd greatly appreciate it!

thanks

Dawisk
10-03-2010, 05:19 AM
I solved it...Just had to go into the compiz menu and disable almost everything.

krishna.murphy
10-05-2010, 02:39 PM
I solved it...Just had to go into the compiz menu and disable almost everything.
It sounds like you did try the cheatcode
knoppix no3d and that the effects continued nonetheless. That seems highly unusual, and I'd kind of like to track it down if you don't mind helping out. Please summarize in greater detail the circumstances that were effective (what you tried) and what you experienced.

Cheers!
Krishna :mrgreen: