PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 5.3.1 Apache2 CGI w/ Perl script

USHANABI
10-11-2010, 05:05 PM
As per documentation, my HTML form is located in /var/www/ (which is in the KNOPPIX branch of the live DVD's file hierarchy) while my .cgi is located in /usr/lib/cgi-bin (which is in the KNOPPIX2 branch of the live DVD's file hierarchy).

The HTML form is served quite nicely by apache2 but I must not be pointing to the correct location for the .cgi as there is no response upon submission of the form . . . ?

I've tried both form action="../usr/lib/cgi-bin/[html form]" and "/cgi-bin/[html form]" (the latter relying upon the default Alias) . . . .

Any suggestions (other than that Perl scripts do not work with CGI in Knoppix 5.3.1) would be appreciated.

AD<thanx>VANCE

WaKa
10-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Check out
locate DBI
/usr/lib/perl5/DBI

And see if this helps

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
print "Content-type:text/html\n\n";
use CGI qw(:standard);
#use Fcntl qw(:flock);

# for DB
use DBI;

# connecting to the mysql server running on the web server.
# you need to specify your own server.
my $sqlhost = "localhost";

my $database = "test";
my $user = "root";
my $password = "your_password";

print "connecting to $sqlhost...";

my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:$database:$sqlhost", $user, $password) or die "Can't connect to MySql server at $sqlhost\n";

print "succeeded.\n";
$dbh->disconnect;

USHANABI
10-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Check out
locate DBI
/usr/lib/perl5/DBI

Greetings Waka!

I tried locate cgi and it is as I feared - no CGI.pm is found in the Perl lib directory in the Knoppix 5.3.1 DVD distribution

"/usr/lib/perl5/cgi_to_mod_perl.pod" is it as far as "cgi" is concerned . . .

I will keep your reference to DBI handy though as that is my next step in getting the project to run . . . .

Thanks