PDA

View Full Version : Can-t burn a dvd

hsa
11-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Need some help here. Trying to burn a iso to a dvd with Brasero. It recnognizes my dvd burner, the proper size of the dvd, but whatever iso i burn there can-t be read in any system *nix, windows or dvdplayer). Im using knoppix 6.2. Thanks in advance. H

OErjan
11-07-2010, 04:28 PM
do you burn as an image or do you burn the image as data onto the disk?
you should burn it as an image
look here for more in the wiki
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ#Q:_I_have_downloaded_the_ISO_file. _How_do_I_burn_the_ISO.3F_How_is_the_ISO_supposed_ to_be_burned.3F

hsa
11-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Humm i did google it before and found that link, but whatever browser i use i get this error when loading the page: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '

hsa
11-07-2010, 08:33 PM
By the way, forgot to add. Im burning it as an image

Harry Kuhman
11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
By the way, forgot to add. Im burning it as an image
But did you check the md5 before burning? See the downloading FAQ for details.

hsa
11-07-2010, 08:51 PM
its any iso image.. But thanks, never mind. Between, we cant read the faq.. the php code has a parse error. Thanks again

Harry Kuhman
11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
its any iso image.. But thanks, never mind. ...
Never mind? It seems unlikely that you would get a parse error on any ISO file (but more likely that you would get on on any knoppix iso that you try if you are using the mirrors rather than the torrents).

.... Between, we cant read the faq.. the php code has a parse error. Thanks again
That is extremely useful information. The wiki can be edited by users, looks like someone mucked something up. I'll get the owner on it.

If you really can't burn any ISO then my first suspicion would be the burning software that you are trying to use, although the md5 test is still important, if the md5 test fails them there is no point in even trying to burn the iso. Google md5 for details until the wiki is back up.

hsa
11-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Good evening.
I didnt get a parse error on a iso burning. That was with the faq page. What I wrote was "whatever ISO i burn, and not just the knoppix iso file, and i burn it as a iso image, not a raw or data file" i can-t burn it with Brasero. The same image file i burn in my fedora box or in a windows box without any issue. So i wonder whats wrong?

Harry Kuhman
11-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Sorry for my confusion, I thought you were reporting an error on burning. I have passed the php error along to Clinton, our site's owner and chief admin.

Brasero is, of course, able to burn ISO files. My guess (and as they say, this is only theory) is that somehow the mixed version approach that Klaus still uses to build Knoppix has broken part of Brasero and that wasn't caught in testing. If I'm correct (and I sometimes am) this is just another example of why I only use Knoppix as a Live CD and never ever install it or install other software into it.

hsa
11-08-2010, 12:52 PM
I use it in a usb pen to recover systems. Never had any issues before. Didnt use a live cd because i need to backup my data.