PDA

View Full Version : Free Radius on Knoppix

mok7j8
11-12-2010, 04:02 AM
Hi,

I would like to install FreeRadius or something else for a radius server.

Could someone please help/guide with this?

I couldn't even find the package for FreeRadius for knoppix.

Please help.

Thanks

krishna.murphy
11-12-2010, 05:32 AM
Hi,

I would like to install FreeRadius or something else for a radius server.

Could someone please help/guide with this?

I couldn't even find the package for FreeRadius for knoppix.

Please help.

Thanks

Did you install to a disk or a flash drive, presumably? If you have a "persistent store" you can add stuff. In my case I used the DVD version of Knoppix and apparently freeradius-common was installed automatically. I just fired up the Synaptic package manager (on the main menu under Preferences) and searched for "radius" and found many packages which were not installed, as well as the one that is.

Hope that helps!
Krishna :mrgreen:

mok7j8
11-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Did you install to a disk or a flash drive, presumably? If you have a "persistent store" you can add stuff. In my case I used the DVD version of Knoppix and apparently freeradius-common was installed automatically. I just fired up the Synaptic package manager (on the main menu under Preferences) and searched for "radius" and found many packages which were not installed, as well as the one that is.

Hope that helps!

I see that, but how do I install it or that is already installed?

krishna.murphy
11-12-2010, 03:20 PM
If you right-click that entry, you'll get a chance to install/uninstall - if "uninstall" is not grayed out, it's installed. You may need some other stuff, too; consult free-radius documentation for more details.

Cheers!

mok7j8
11-12-2010, 04:00 PM
If you right-click that entry, you'll get a chance to install/uninstall - if "uninstall" is not grayed out, it's installed. You may need some other stuff, too; consult free-radius documentation for more details.

Cheers!

I see that.

But when I try to start radiusd it doesn't work.

Can you help a little?

kl522
11-13-2010, 02:40 AM
I see that.

But when I try to start radiusd it doesn't work.

Can you help a little?

This is not even a free radius forum but anyway the first thing to know about radiusd is that there is a '-X' option, run it with that option will display everything you need to know about why something works and something does not work .....