PDA

View Full Version : A little help? Java and Flash in Iceweasel.

arsmith
11-20-2010, 12:21 AM
I've been trying for a couple of days now to get Java and Flash installed/updated. I'm running a HDD install of Knoppix 6.2.1.

I can't find anything in synaptic relating to Java, Flash, Firefox, or Opera; apt-get returns with E: Couldn't find package adobe, firefox, etc., etc.

What I have done so far is apt-get update. Before that I apt-get upgrade and it upgraded a bunch of stuff and afterward in the terminal I couldn't su anymore because it wanted a password I didn't give it dada dada da...

Long story short. I need an idiots guide to downloading and installing Java and Flash into Iceweasel.

I've got an old PC, which runs Knoppix 6.2.1 just fine, however I can't surf the net without being greeted by Java not installed or activated & Flash not installed.

Thanks
Adam

oboedad55
11-20-2010, 04:37 AM
I've been trying for a couple of days now to get Java and Flash installed/updated. I'm running a HDD install of Knoppix 6.2.1.

I can't find anything in synaptic relating to Java, Flash, Firefox, or Opera; apt-get returns with E: Couldn't find package adobe, firefox, etc., etc.

What I have done so far is apt-get update. Before that I apt-get upgrade and it upgraded a bunch of stuff and afterward in the terminal I couldn't su anymore because it wanted a password I didn't give it dada dada da...

Long story short. I need an idiots guide to downloading and installing Java and Flash into Iceweasel.

I've got an old PC, which runs Knoppix 6.2.1 just fine, however I can't surf the net without being greeted by Java not installed or activated & Flash not installed.

Thanks
Adam

Hi Adam, for me java worked out of the box. To get flash working I downloaded the compressed flash player from Adobe's site, extracted it (one file) and copied the file, libflashplayer.so to /usr//lib/mozilla/plugins. That's it. Do like this; open the terminal (lower left corner), CD (change directory) to where you saved the extracted file, then type in "cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so. Restart Iceweasel and off you go.

BoDiddley
11-24-2010, 08:42 AM
1)apt-get update 2) apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree. After that if you are using "no scripts" click the flas player icon in your browser window to temporarily allow.