PDA

View Full Version : Dell Vostro 1720 perfect with KNOPPIX 6.2.1 Beta

earthdude
11-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Hello all, I just finished my first test with the new 6.2.1 DVD en version of Knoppix, it works great with my Dell Vostro 1720 laptop. For the first time with Knoppix, my wireless works !!! This is a first for me when using Knoppix, but I have not figured out how to add programs, unless this is not working. I wanted to add Flash player and it would not let me. I was not getting the "apply settings" tab under add programs. Anyone know how I can do this, add flash player ?

Thanks and "world peace thru friendship..."

Earthdude...:mrgreen:

krishna.murphy
11-24-2010, 07:40 AM
The basic answer is, "install to a writable medium" like a flash drive or a hard drive using something like the flash-install utility. Once you have that, then you'll be prompted to create a "persistent store" on the next boot-up, and subsequently you'll have the ability to add/change things and remember stuff from one session to the next.. Note that the "Knoppix HD Install" on the preferences menu is NOT for general use - it's specific to re-mastering applications, where you create a special version of Knoppix CD/DVD to re-distribute. That method creates a special environment which is not suitable for general use before creating the CD-archived version.

Cheers!
Krishna :mrgreen:
p.s. Glad to hear it's working well for you! Kudos to Klaus and all the other contributors are always appropriate and appreciated!