PDA

View Full Version : Video accelerator

BoDiddley
11-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Using knoppix 6.2.1 Hd install ,from the beginning I have had an acceleration problem when using full screen flash or MPlayer. It goes full screen, however the acceleration is choppy. Has anyone else experienced this?

BoDiddley
11-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Using knoppix 6.2.1 Hd install ,from the beginning I have had an acceleration problem when using full screen flash or MPlayer. It goes full screen, however the acceleration is choppy. Has anyone else experienced this?

Actually, I should have said full screen Internet feed, with any source other than Flash, and MPlayer, they work fine. It is the Internet feeds (IE. You Tube, Megavideo) that lose the acceleration.

krishna.murphy
11-28-2010, 02:59 PM
That sounds like the processor is overburdened. I have that trouble occasionally with Flash video, especially with HD and fullscreen enabled. Try turning the video resolution down and see if that helps.

Cheers!
Krishna :mrgreen:

kl522
11-29-2010, 04:25 AM
I would like to believe that after the release of knoppix 6.2.1 ( and knoppix 6.3 ), there have been quite a number of improvements and upgrades to the graphic sub-system. If you know that type of hardware you have for the graphic display, then perhaps you can consider upgrading the graphic libraries to take advantage of the newer ( and improved graphic ) libraries.

I am not sure about others, but the intel graphics for example, seems to be pretty active in updates.

BoDiddley
11-30-2010, 10:43 PM
That sounds like the processor is overburdened. I have that trouble occasionally with Flash video, especially with HD and fullscreen enabled. Try turning the video resolution down and see if that helps.

Cheers!

Thanks Krishna, but not the case. I could have added that I am running 1.6GHZ AMD , however. Lenny just did a stable Java update that did improve other Internet feeds but did not address this problem.

krishna.murphy
11-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Another possible work-around is to use a different browser on the site. I use Chrome, mostly, but IceWeasel is needed for Hulu flash videos (for example.) Some videos work fine, others crash the plugin. Try Epiphany on the Internet menu.

Cheers!