PDA

View Full Version : Problem with saving my configuration

Eradicator
06-11-2003, 05:06 PM
After trying many things to get my print server on my SMC barricade to work I think I have it figured out. I need to add a LPD printer under CUPS with my IP address and lp as the qeue name.

I tried searching the forums but have not found a solution to what is below. I am using 3.2.

BUT now I have a new problem. I can not get my preferences saved. I tried saving them via the Knoppix tab but when I reboot and try "Knoppix myconfig=scan" (no quotes) they do not load. They seemed to work a few days ago....now it seems it can't find the file. Should I set up a persistent home? Would the "knoppix home=scan" command be used then?

Also if I want to specify the drive it should look to for these files and it always shows hda1 and hda5 can I write "Knoppix myconfig=dev/hda1" or is it "Knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda1" as the pop up window states when I save my config?

And last, why don't I have hda1 and hda2??? it just skips to hda5....

Thanks again

Stephen
06-11-2003, 06:52 PM
And last, why don't I have hda1 and hda2??? it just skips to hda5....

Thanks again
That's the way partitioning works hda1 is the first primary partition. hda5 would be the first logical drive in the extended partition (most likely hda4). If you would like to check the partitioning yourself in a console sudo fdisk -l /dev/hda.

The command would be as you state home=scan, home=/dev/hda1(5) or home=/mnt/hda1(5) depending on your choice of partition.