PDA

View Full Version : Missing Files

goose87
01-05-2011, 05:25 PM
My apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I wasn't sure where to post.

Anyway, my problem is quite simple:

My windows system is corrupt and I am using your software to access the files from the bootable CD and I am trying to transfer them to my external hard-drive.

This in itself is very easy with your software, however, I have a huge amount of files missing, including the most important folder I need to find! Could someone explain to me why these files might be missing and how I can find them and get them back? Your programme says that I have 48GB of space on my C-drive partition. Prior to the windows system crashing, I had very little space left on the drive (<2Gb)

Help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Harry Kuhman
01-05-2011, 05:39 PM
First of all, you are not going to like my answer.

I can not tell you why your internal Windows disk is corrupted or why files are missing, if it is the internal disk that files are missing from.

I can caution you that if the external disk is formatted with a NTFS partition (as opposed to any type of FAT partition) that you should NOT use Knoppix to write to it. Also, if you did manage to write to it with Knoppix and that is the drive that now has more available space then you very likely corrupted it (and a lot more than 2 gif of files may be bad). The simple rule is to never write to NTFS with Knoppix (or, as far as I am concerned, any version of Linux).