PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 6.4 applications vs 5.0 applications

FedorM1Global
01-17-2011, 10:18 PM
I have a knoppix 5.0 live cd, and a 6.4 bootable thumb drive. WHat I am noticing is that the 5.0 version has so many more utilities. I go to the 'start' button and scroll through all kinds of stuff in 5.0. When I hit the 'start' button the 6.4 version I see very few things. Where is everything in 6.4? Both are the CD images. I mainly want knoppix for windows administration, is there something else I should be using? I started using 5.0 when I needed to extend an active partition into unallocated space, and the utility I was using kept erroring out, I popped in 5.0 live cd and used QParted and it worked like a charm. But I am now reading that it is dangerous to write to NTFS with knoppix....looking for some advice here.

Werner P. Schulz
01-17-2011, 11:42 PM
I mainly want knoppix for windows administration, is there something else I should be using?... and what tool are you missing for this purpose?

I popped in 5.0 live cd and used QParted and it worked like a charm. What error message do you get using GParted from CD 6.4.3?

But I am now reading that it is dangerous to write to NTFS with knoppix...Where do you read this old stuff? Knoppix uses ntfs-3g.

Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
"Build personal Recovery-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix remaster)"