PDA

View Full Version : Threads use question ... or suggestion

yannos
01-23-2011, 09:08 PM
New user, using 6.2 cd/dvd ... just installed on USB
I've been (for hours upon hours) cruising these posts, and I've got to say it is extremely dificult to find what is relevant on these 'latest' dl's of Knoppix. I mean the majority of these threads and posts are like three plus years old, and very not applicable to the current Knoppix.
I was just wondering, and perhaps whispering a little hint, if it would not serve both sides (mods and us frantic searchers) if somehow the forum could be divided by relevancy to release. this would make it so much more efficient to both post to correct threads, and find correct information. I know... it would be one hell of a process, and I would gladly throw my hat in the ring to assists if desired.... the main thing is this ...
We all want to promote these distro's, and one thing is for sure; popularity and support go hand in hand. I wanted to try Lynux years ago, but there was not much coherent user support in the 'free' community; which is one reason I've been ball and chained to MonkeyScratch for so long. just thinking out loud...
Yannos

krishna.murphy
01-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Yes, I agree it would be nice. Perhaps there is some sort of "tagging" system that could be activated in VBulletin, the underlying BB software package. The idea would be to set up tags like:

Related to current version
Related to version 6.2 and later
Related to version 5.x

Another possibility would be a custom search function that excluded posts prior to the introduction of, say, version 6.2 (selectable, I think.)

Anyway, thanks for contributing! And the offer to help out is noted.

Cheers!
Krishna :mrgreen: