PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix + Windows Maker

rafael_br
02-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Hello Guys!

I'm beginner in Knoppix development, so I have a question!
I'm building a little Knoppix version with only Windows Maker and Java to embbeded systems. For that I downloaded the last DVD version of Knoppix and removed many programs, after that, I installed Windows Maker, Java and edited the Desktop how I like and remastering that version. When I tested the version, that load Windows Maker, but the mouse and keyboard don't work. However I restarted and saw a error message, said: Not found /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig. But that file has in my source.
What's happen? What I doing wrong?

Werner P. Schulz
02-07-2011, 08:02 PM
For that I downloaded the last DVD version of Knoppix and removed many programs, ... to remaster Knoppix and using Knoppix-DVD is a bad idea. Take Knoppix-CD.

Remove only for example libreoffice, gimp and wine to get free space. If you remove "many programs" you will get into trouble and it will be very difficult to seek for lost dependences.

Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)

rafael_br
02-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks for your answer!

So I tried remaster Knoppix CD ADRIANE :D with only installation of wmaker. But happen same problem. :(
My question is the WMAKER change anything in boot, when that is installed?

:confused:

rafael_br
02-08-2011, 02:41 PM
I found where happens problem. I saw init file in minit.gz and I changed any commands (inserting prints) to found problem, so I found of problem in line where has:
exec /sbin/init "$@" < /dev/console 2>&1

After that command show the message: INIT: cannot execute /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
$@ has => nomce

rafael_br
02-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Work! :)

Solution: The knoppix-autoconfig start with !/bin/busybox sh, so I changed to !/bin/bash and worked.