PDA

View Full Version : How to disable desktop and menu bar?

rafal_rr
04-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Hello.
How can I disable showing desktop icons and menu bar? I want to run my application on a start of system and i don't want to see icons and menu bar. Only wallpaper+my application.

kl522
04-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Hello.
How can I disable showing desktop icons and menu bar? I want to run my application on a start of system and i don't want to see icons and menu bar. Only wallpaper+my application.

I think it can be done. You just disable pcmanfm from starting and put in your program in the same file :-

/etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart

As for the wallpaper you configure it in compiz, since you have disabled pcmanfm, so now the wallpaper is managed by compiz. You can set different wall paper for each of the virtual desktop.

rafal_rr
04-04-2011, 12:08 PM
ok. thanks. when i killed pcmanfm icons had disabled. :)

but what about menu bar? is it the way to hide od disable it?

edit:
i've just found an answer:
killall lxpanel

rafal_rr
06-02-2011, 05:00 AM
hello.
i have one more problem: my application should occupy full screen. so, i kill lxpanel before running and run my app yet. but my application occupy whole desktop area without lxpanel area. so i see part of desktop instead.

how to solve it?

kl522
06-02-2011, 06:41 AM
hello.
i have one more problem: my application should occupy full screen. so, i kill lxpanel before running and run my app yet. but my application occupy whole desktop area without lxpanel area. so i see part of desktop instead.

how to solve it?
Not sure if it will meet your requirement :-
The lxpanel itself can be configured. One of the things you can configure is 'autohide'/'autoshow'. When lxpanel is configured to autohide, it should allow your application to take up the remaining screen space. And subsequently you can kill lxpanel if you like to.

Denver Dave
03-09-2012, 02:22 AM
We seem to have the opposite problem. When fiddling with panel settings (I think), we seem to have lost our desktop icons except for knoppix, which is still there and also lost the bottom menu bar. on all desktops. Also the working desktop has a 1/3 inch gap at the top and about a 1 1/2 inch gap at the left side with just a gray color in the gap.

No idea how to get the bottom menu bar back and how to make the desktop take up the entire screen.

Haven't tried rebooting, friend thinks we can shut down from terminal console, since we don't have a menu for shutdown. ... added later - shutdown from terminal not authorized... power off button worked. .... rebooting brought the menu back.... good thing.

Whew - OK now.