PDA

View Full Version : Simple question, how do I switch virtual desktops

Charlie Foxtrot
04-15-2011, 05:05 AM
Hello, I'm running Knoppix 6.4.4 LXDE and I see that you can send apps to other virtual desktops, but I can't figure out how I switch desktops? For what it's worth, when I ran this live disk on my wife's much newer faster laptop, there were some special gee-whiz effects that I'm not seeing on my crummy old desktop. -Eric

Charlie Foxtrot
04-16-2011, 04:51 AM
Hello, Perhaps I should have posted this question in a different forum, it's not necessarily related to coming from Windows. It appears that CompizConfig is what provides this functionality and those effects I saw on my wife's computer. I'm not sure why I'm not seeing that same type of thing on my computer, although I'm sure my graphics card's not nearly as good as hers. Anyway you can go to CompizConfig Settings Manager to configure this type of thing. There are several ways to switch desktops. I seem to recall on my wife's laptop moving the mouse pointer would do that kind of thing. I don't see it on my computer, what DOES WORK though is Ctrl+Alt+ Left or Right arrow key. -Charlie

kl522
04-16-2011, 05:35 AM
what DOES WORK though is Ctrl+Alt+ Left or Right arrow key. -Charlie

I could do that too. In addition I could do it by using mouse scroll button and synaptic scroll bar, as long as I move the mouse pointer to the free desktop space away from the opened windows.