PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 6.7.1 Bluetooth Problem !!!

Blacksimon
10-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Hi all, I have a problem with the integrated netbook bluetooth but only with knoppix 6.7.1 (with 6.7.0 everything was fine).
Gnome Bluetooth applet is installed correctly and start automatically at boot, and tells me that the bluetooth is disabled by showing a red x next to the icon placed in the system tray. I can not in any way to enable it via the applet.I can not even name the device and can not in any way you can then connect my phone to the netbook.
These are the commands used to investigate:

root@Black:/home/knoppix# lsusb | grep -i blue
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 13d3:3249 IMC Networks Internal Bluetooth

root@Black:/home/knoppix# hciconfig
hci0: Type: BR/EDR Bus: USB
BD Address: 00:22:43:B4:1B:9E ACL MTU: 1021:8 SCO MTU: 64:1
DOWN
RX bytes:457 acl:0 sco:0 events:18 errors:0
TX bytes:76 acl:0 sco:0 commands:18 errors:0

Bluetooth is DOWN. I manually activated the bluetooth ad I assign a name to the device

root@Black:/home/knoppix# hciconfig hci0 up
root@Black:/home/knoppix# hciconfig hci0 name Black-0
root@Black:/home/knoppix# hciconfig
hci0: Type: BR/EDR Bus: USB
BD Address: 00:22:43:B4:1B:9E ACL MTU: 1021:8 SCO MTU: 64:1
UP RUNNING
RX bytes:908 acl:0 sco:0 events:35 errors:0
TX bytes:149 acl:0 sco:0 commands:35 errors:0
root@Black:/home/knoppix# hcitool dev
Devices:
hci0 00:22:43:B4:1B:9E

Bluetooth now is UP but Gnome Bluetooth applet tells me again that the bluetooth is disabled. Does anyone have any ideas?

klaus2008
12-10-2011, 07:03 AM
It seems that the configuration file /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf is missing and it does not help to create one. Since the release of Knoppix V6.7.1 there is a new bluez package available in the Debian software package repository. When I installed this new package the configuration file bluetooth.conf was still missing in the directory /etc/dbus-1/system.d but it is included in the package.

After many attempts I found the following solution.

I used the Knoppix V6.7.1 CD with my USB Bluetooth dongle unplugged.

My first step was to download the package bluez_4.96-3 (http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/bluez/bluez_4.96-3_i386.deb) to my /home/knoppix directory.

I opened a terminal and extracted the package
dpkg -x /home/knoppix/bluez_4.96-3_i386.deb bluez I installed the package
sudo dpkg -i /home/knoppix/bluez_4.96-3_i386.deb I copied the configuration file bluetooth.conf.
sudo cp /home/knoppix/bluez/etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf /etc/dbus-1/system.d/In the "Preferences" menu I selected "Desktop Session Settings". I selected "Bluetooth Manager" and "Policykit Authentication Agent" and closed the window.

In the terminal I issued
sudo init 2 I plugged my USB Bluetooth adaptor in. Then I issued
init 5The graphical desktop environment started and the icon of the Bluetooth applet appeared in the system tray. The icon had got a red X. I disconnected my USB Bluetooth adapter and replugged it. Now the red X had disappeared and I was able to connect to my second computer.

Comments are always welcome. :)

Blacksimon
12-16-2011, 05:14 PM
In the coming days I will try to follow your steps, hoping to solve the problem.
Thanks in advance for the time you have dedicated to me.
See you soon. Bye.

Blacksimon
12-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Hi guy ! Problem Solved ! Thank you very much !

In fact the file bluetooth.conf was missing in the directory /etc/dbus-1/system.d and even flag "Policykit Authentication Agent" was disabled.

Bye