frankino
06-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Hi, this is the message i receive when booting from cd:
"Error:only one processor found"
"ide-scsi: strange, packet command initiated yet DRQ isn't asserted"
"looking for CD Rom in:/dev/scd0"
"can't find Knoppix filesystem, sorry. Droppig you to a (very) limited shell"

Can you help me?

My system: mb KT4V, AMD XP2000+, 256 DDR 333, hd Maxtor 80 gb, CD-Rom Samsung 52x

On a different, older, computer the CD works and everything is ok.
Thank you.

rickenbacherus
06-17-2003, 12:31 AM
The fact that the cd boots on another machine isn't really a test of anything. Check your md5sum, boot like this:
boot: testcd

But more likely you'll have luck booting like this:

boot: nosmp

Oh and - try out the search function- I know you would have found the same answer.

frankino
06-18-2003, 06:40 PM
Hi, i tried boot: nosmp, but i removed only the first error: only one processor found.
If i boot with floppy and an older CD Drive (4x) the system starts but is very slow.
Thank you.

rickenbacherus
06-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Hi, i tried boot: nosmp, but i removed only the first error: only one processor found.
If i boot with floppy and an older CD Drive (4x) the system starts but is very slow.
Thank you.

Hmmmmmm- when you say "slower" are you just referring to the fact that booting from a floppy is slow? Can you boot from the other cdrom you have? You can try out the cheat codes in the docs- I would try this first:

boot: failsafe

If it works start working through the cheat codes and try to narrow it down. Obviously something to do with ide and scsi emulation. Try:

boot: knoppix nodma noscsi pci=biosirq

You could always try a new ide cable (long shot but it could cause that specific error).

Other than that......I dunno. You could plug the error into G4L and see if that gets you anywhere.