PDA

View Full Version : Supported Video and Net

charles
06-17-2003, 01:32 AM
Hi all!
I am new to Knoppix, though, not new to Unix. I am a long-time Slackware user and I am trying to use Knoppix to help install gentoo. See, my network interface is not supported by Gentoo, and I need it to do the install. It is a Linksys WUSB11 v. 2.6. Is this supported by Knoppix? I couldn't seem to bring it up.
Also, I ran the CD in my desktop and I was told, by a kernel message, that no appropriate X-server could be found. This is strange both because it worked in Slack and RedHat and because it was identified by Knoppix early on. It is a ATI Radeon card. Any advice? The xserver eventually booted to a grey screen, but nothing more.

Any help would be appreciated

Other than that, I think that you did a really cool thing with Knoppix. Keep up the good work! I will be letting all my friends who want to try Linux know about Knoppix!

charles
06-17-2003, 05:43 PM
Ok, I got the monitor to work. Looks great so far. However, even after following some instructions posted by probono, I can't seem to get my adapter to work. I just keep getting the message "interface does not exist". Any help is appreciated.

rickenbacherus
06-17-2003, 11:56 PM
I dunno this (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1357) might be of some assistance.