PDA

View Full Version : Java srcipting not enabled..

Karibu
03-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Re.:
Knoppix 6.7.1 Live on USB stick:

When I try to browse the Internet with either Iceweasel or Firefox on a Public Network I get the Message:

Java Scripting not enabled!

Your browser has java scripting disabled at the moment.
Please enable it for Web Authentication process to work properly.

What do I have to do?

PS.: I had to boot into Windows to get through to the Forum to place my question. I was not ask to enable Java Scripting there????

utu
03-05-2012, 05:07 AM
Greetings, Karibu.

IIRC, a standard initial install of IceWeasel in Knoppix 6.7.1 includes an
enabled java-script blocker, NoScript, or something like that.

IceWeasel>Tools>Add-Ons>Extensions>Disable is one way to turn this off, thereby
enabling java-script execution. There is likely a panel icon that would serve as well.

Also, a browser with an enabled javascript-blocker will interact with the Knoppix.net
forum editor in weird & wonderful ways. You might find it easier to compose off-line
with gedit or leafpad to avoid this hassle. As an alternative, with AdBlock you can
dis-engage the blocker on any given url if you so choose.
Some of us prefer AdBlock-Plus to NoScript.

Karibu
03-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Greetings, Karibu.
IceWeasel>Tools>Add-Ons>Extensions>Disable is one way to turn this off, thereby
enabling java-script execution.
Hello utu and thanks for the quick response...
It sounds to be a bit complicated, but anyway, I did what you recommended and will test next time I'm out.

There is likely a panel icon that would serve as well..
I couldn't find a panel icon...

Werner P. Schulz
03-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Perhaps you have changed the settings within Iceweasel at 'Edit/ Preferences/ Content'. Just the time I answer you from a "virgin" Knoppix 6.7.1 :-)

Activated NoScript is standard with the new Knoppix V7.0, not with V6.7.1 and older.

Karibu
03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Perhaps you have changed the settings within Iceweasel at 'Edit/ Preferences/ Content'. Just the time I answer you from a "virgin" Knoppix 6.7.1 :-)
I would have attached a ScreenShot about how Iceweasel 'Preferences/ Content' looks like but I could not find the application. I have the box "Enable JavaScript" filled with a check mark. Is this OK?

Karibu
03-06-2012, 01:17 AM
I would have attached a ScreenShot about how Iceweasel 'Preferences/ Content' looks like but I could not find the application....

Re.: ScreenShot....I know it has nothing to do here, I only want to mention that I check marked the plugin in CCSM under Extras and I don't find the launcher.

Werner P. Schulz
03-06-2012, 09:26 AM
You'll get a screenshot with the "Print"-key. If you want a screenshot-tool with more abilities, you can install "gnome-screenshot" and you get the menuentry "Acessories > Take screenshot".
I have the box "Enable JavaScript" filled with a check mark.Yes, that is correct; per default there is also marked "Move.." and "Disable..".

I for myself allways use Firefox (Iceweasel) + AdBlockPus + NoScript. With this combination I'm flexible what to bann and what to permit.

Karibu
03-06-2012, 09:10 PM
@ Werner...
Thank you for the great support..(See Attachment)

Werner P. Schulz
03-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Nice that I could help you.