PDA

View Full Version : webserver is only local reachable, not over network. FIrewall or Router?

xip
07-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi there, i am running the version knoppix 7 on 2 laptops in my network. I am using a dlink router (DIR-615). Bouth laptops are able to ping each other and the router. Firewall was dissabled over KNOPPIX-KNOPPIX FIREWALL. On the one laptop a webserver is running on port 8080. This server i reachable over the browser of the laptop. But not over network. Is this a firewall or router problem?? Please help me. Greetings.

OneOfPunx
10-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Hi there, i am running the version knoppix 7 on 2 laptops in my network. I am using a dlink router (DIR-615). Bouth laptops are able to ping each other and the router. Firewall was dissabled over KNOPPIX-KNOPPIX FIREWALL. On the one laptop a webserver is running on port 8080. This server i reachable over the browser of the laptop. But not over network. Is this a firewall or router problem?? Please help me. Greetings.

You have forward the port. 8080 is usually routers port for manage router over web. You can try forward port 8080 from router's gui/application &gaming/port range forwarding . External/Port 8080 ->internal/port 8080,ip of your server laptop. If 8080 is not working change the server port to something else and forward that.