PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Sync Problem after hardware recognition in boot

Mauro G Laterra
09-06-2012, 06:15 PM
First of all, Hi to everyone.

When I want to boot Knoppix 7.0.2 from a USB drive in live mode, just after the hardware recognition it give me a black screen in the monitor with the "Out of Sync" text. I know that shows up that because the synchronization of my screen is wrong but the only way I can is adding the cheat code "Knoppix nomodeset" in the boot but is only a partial solution because in the Desktop Environment I don't have Video acceleration and the resolution table in settings only reach to 1024x720 (I have a 23" LED LG and a Nvidia 9600GT)

I already try with the next cheat codes:

nomodeset (It pass the black screen but with no graphic acceleration)
screen=1920x1080 depth=24
xvrefresh=60 or vsync=60
xmodule=nv
vga=normal

Thanks for advance to anyone who can give me a hand

PD: Sorry for my horrible English, I'm from Argentina and I don't have too much practice with the language.

Capricorny
09-08-2012, 08:58 PM
First, try Knoppix 7.0.4 to see if you have better luck with that.
Second, would the monitor work better if you try with another pc/graphics card? Or the card with another monitor? Myself, I have some pc/monitor combinations not working, and I just try to avoid them. (I have both 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 monitors, for example.) With a working system, you can at least record the settings used and see if you can recreate them on the troublesome configuration.
Third, you could try to change the driver used. Googling on Nvidia 9600GT and Linux topics may turn up something. (It certainly did for me.)