PDA

View Full Version : newbee

killowhat
06-19-2003, 07:26 PM
:?: i am in the process of trying to download knoppix. please welcome me to this forum and any advice will be greatly appreciated. i have my doubts about this working and me geeting this installed on a cd. fingers crossed.

aay
06-19-2003, 08:19 PM
Well just read the docs and if you run into problems this is certainly the place to make posts about them.

Tortoise
06-19-2003, 10:01 PM
It will doubtless be frustrating at first, but it's well worth persevering - there are some great people here to help!

killowhat
06-20-2003, 07:20 PM
you ars right spent two hours downloading and installing to cd. and nothing happens when i insert the cd. the cd is now in the trash.

Tortoise
06-20-2003, 07:55 PM
How did you burn it? What hw / sw are you using? Did you check the MD5s?
When you say nothing happens, what do you mean?
I presume you are re-booting, does it hang, or boot to windows, or really do nothing at all?

-=NTL=-
06-21-2003, 03:32 AM
use nero and then burn with cd-Boot option and then find the boot.img file as the boot image..It worked for me

P.S the boot.img is in the Knoppix folder

Dave_Bechtel
06-21-2003, 10:30 AM
"We're going to have to watch that temper of yours."

--Do you mean nothing happens at BOOT time, or you can't get a directory off it in Windows? If the only thing on the cdr is an .iso file, you burned it wrong. If not, you need to get into your BIOS and setup boot from CD as an option.

you ars right spent two hours downloading and installing to cd. and nothing happens when i insert the cd. the cd is now in the trash.