PDA

View Full Version : Sweeper does not clear data in Gnome Mplayer

rajibando
02-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Since Knoppix uses a mix of KDE and Gnome packages, applications unique to each do not function well in the other. For example, in Debian Squeeze I play movies with Gnome MPlayer. As soon as I press clear recent documents under places, the relevant data from Gnome Player is removed. But in Knoppix (which uses LXDE) I have found no application other than Sweeper, which is a KDE package, and it does not remove data for Gnome MPlayer, which is a Gnome package.

A pertinent question would be: Can Gnome Desktop Environment be run with a Knoppix cloop file without installing it to HDD? I ask this because I saw the following cheatcodes:
knoppix desktop=fluxbox|icewm Use specified WM instead of KDE
knoppix desktop=kde|larswm|twm Use specified WM instead of KDE
knoppix desktop=wmaker|xfce Use specified WM instead of KDE

Can I use the code: knoppix desktop=gnome ? Of course, I can, I am sure this does not harm the cloop file in any way. So what is stopping me?!

rajibando
02-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Seems I can't!

}
linux (loop)/boot/isolinux/linux64 bootfrom=/dev/sda1/KNOPPIXISO/KNOPPIX.iso
myconfig=/media/sdb1/knoppix boot=isolinux keyboard=us desktop=gnome
initrd (loop)/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz
} and the following:

}
linux (loop)/boot/isolinux/linux64 bootfrom=/dev/sda1/KNOPPIXISO/KNOPPIX.iso
myconfig=/media/sdb1/knoppix boot=isolinux keyboard=us
knoppix desktop=gnome
initrd (loop)/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz
} What to do?
I have tried to test if Gnome Desktop environment is present, I wrote gnome-session in the root terminal and tested, the session booted upto a certain point!

Werner P. Schulz
02-02-2013, 11:46 PM
myconfig=/media/sdb1/knoppix"myconfig" is an obsolete cheatcode. Have a look at the last update of Cheatcodes (http://knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes)

rajibando
02-03-2013, 06:17 AM
"myconfig" is an obsolete cheatcode. Have a look at the last update of Cheatcodes (http://knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes)

Configured!
But Gnome has totally changed from my Debian 6.0.3 to Knoppix 7.0.4!
I am lost! I don't know how to 'clean recent documents'!
However, I found another application that helps me do just that: Chose/Restart Knoppix. I will check and get back.
Thank you!

rajibando
02-03-2013, 09:30 AM
I posted the question in Debian forum and got this reply:

Where are the shortcuts of "Clear Recent Documents" stored?
~/.local/share/recently-used.xbel
Now how do I clear the recent documents in lxde? I know the simplest option is to open a terminal, go to the folder, and delete the file, inelegantly.
Then I can write a script which can do this as I run the script.
How to do this elegantly, and implement this into the Knoppix-lxde system itself?

Also note that after I run Sweeper the start menu of lxde freezes!