PDA

View Full Version : Can't boot from CD nor USB drive, help!

danio0012
02-13-2013, 06:31 PM
I downloaded Knoppix LiveCD 7.0.5 via utorrent, burned all the files on a CD-R (700MB, 80 min, options to burn disc at sped: x16 x32 x56). After that I inserted the disc into my CD-R, CD-RW.../DVD, DVD-R ... (there are lots of compatible formats on my drive) and rebooted my laptop (holding the power button).
I heard that alots of people say that before booting you have to list your CD/DVD drive as first in boot sequence. I checked the BIOS, "Boot" tab, and in the list CD/DVD drive was already listed as first. Then I exited the BIOS (saving my changes) rebooting my laptop. A the booting sequence from CD/DVD drive, the ticking character "floor" (didn't know what name to use!) at the top-left corner was blinking from a few seconds, mean while the CD drive was working. After that, the boot screen of Knoppix didn't show up! I tried the same with DSL in a pen-drive, copied the ISO file of DSL and bootfloppy.img. Same with that. Could anyone help me put with this? If yes, I would be very happy! :mrgreen:

danio0012
02-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Could anyone help me put with this?

"put" was supposed to be "out" Sorry!

Werner P. Schulz
02-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Please have a look at "How do I burn the ISO" (http://knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ#Q:_I_have_downloaded_the_ISO_file. _How_do_I_burn_the_ISO.3F_How_is_the_ISO_supposed_ to_be_burned.3F)