PDA

View Full Version : How to Remove mouse "dwell click" "auto Click" when hovering??

DAVitali
02-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Everything went well with latest Knoppix CD Live burn to HDD on my new Dual Core AMD. I have one annoying problem though, When hovering on the lxde desktop when the mouse hangs over a program shortcut it then in no time at all opens the application. I would rather click to open. I looked in Windows manager Compiz and the LXDE panels with no luck. I would appreciate any help on what to adjust or load in for the option to be correct for me. Also I would like a double click to open apps also.
Thanks for any help Dennis A. Vitali
vitali@snet.net
Linux Microknopix 3.6.11 #12 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 20 04:04:10 CET 2012 i686

ENV:
MAIL=/var/mail/knoppix
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
PWD=/home/knoppix
LANG=en_US.UTF-8.UTF-8
HISTCONTROL=ignoreboth
_LXSESSION_PID=12215
SHLVL=2
HOME=/home/knoppix
XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/home/knoppix/.config
LANGUAGE=us
GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID=LXDE
LOGNAME=knoppix
G_FILENAME_ENCODING=@locale
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/:/usr/share/gdm/:/var/lib/menu-xdg/
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-NpXc8bBXOy,guid=5a903b320a36c6cd2a263cda512d38c8
WINDOWPATH=5
DISPLAY=:1
STARTUP=/usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/bin/ck-launch-session /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session startlxde
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=LXDE
XAUTHORITY=/home/knoppix/.Xauthority
_=/usr/bin/env

DAVitali
03-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Tried on Compiz settings manager Under General 'Focus'TAb to :
1 click or unclick "focus on click"
2. click or unclick Auto-raise
3. click or unclick "raise on click"
4. Set delay to max
Still same effect on all above , even with log out/log in.
When mouse hovers around icons on Desktop , Windows keep popping open almost immediately!!
Dennis

DAVitali
03-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Found out live Knoppix 7.0.5 was ok , when I Used Synaptic to load in some of my favorites which were not in this issue i.e. KFIND the Synaptic package manager was automatically set to bring in the Highest Latest software, instead of lets say Stable issue or Current issue, was bringing in Testing versions. Some where in the KFIND load were a bunch of other dependencies in which one of those set the automatic raise on hover with no delay sort of like Mousetweaks --dwell , windows popping open all the time multiple times. I bit the bullet and carefully did a new reload of knoppix 7.0.5 and backed down Synaptic to Current version preferences and carefully reloaded what I wanted.
Good luck Knoppix Team
Thanks to all who viewed this.