PDA

View Full Version : refresh rate

Zibar
06-20-2003, 04:28 PM
knoppix recognizes my pci NVIDIA TNT as NV4 and I think it is NV10

my question is: how can I change the screen resolution and especially the refresh rate permanently?
i don't find any way to setup a higher refresh rate then the default one.

isn't there a magic gui interface just like in BeOS that let's you set any sort of refresh rate.

thank you

Stephen
06-20-2003, 04:57 PM
knoppix recognizes my pci NVIDIA TNT as NV4 and I think it is NV10

my question is: how can I change the screen resolution and especially the refresh rate permanently?
i don't find any way to setup a higher refresh rate then the default one.

isn't there a magic gui interface just like in BeOS that let's you set any sort of refresh rate.

thank you

Try the Control Center in Peripherals the Xdisplay option. After doing this you will have to logout and choose re-start the X server from the Menu pull down then login back in.

Zibar
06-20-2003, 05:52 PM
I think I have a version from march this year and I cannot find any options about the display in control center... well at least there are none in peripherals

Stephen
06-20-2003, 06:31 PM
I think I have a version from march this year and I cannot find any options about the display in control center... well at least there are none in peripherals

You should update to a newer version if you can. If you are running from the HD then open a console window (clam shell icon on toolbar) and su enter root password and then dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 to reconfigure the X server and choose your settings there. From the CD if I recall correctly (it's been a while since I last tried this) open console window and sudo init 3 which should bring you to a terminal window the reconfigure the X server with the command above and then init 5 to restart the X server and bring you back to the login screen. note the init 3 may have been CTRL + ALT + BKSP to kill off X server.

Zibar
06-20-2003, 08:04 PM
I cant upgrade right now.

I'll try what you say, thank you!