PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to have version 7.2 encrypted in pendrive as main OS?

Porteņo
09-12-2013, 04:31 PM
I will not install it on HD.
I only want to know if is it safe to have my fast, understandable, friendly and dependable knoppix 7.2 as my principal OS.

Thanks

fredvej
09-13-2013, 10:46 AM
I will not install it on HD.
I only want to know if is it safe to have my fast, understandable, friendly and dependable knoppix 7.2 as my principal OS.

Thanks
Yes, it is safe. Knoppix itself stays read-only, and you can encrypt your persistant settings. Choose a long pass phrase.

Porteņo
11-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Thank you, @fredvej, for your answer.
I have a doubt: Does encryption protect my files from being seen only by people who are physically near my pendrive or from Internet users too?

fredvej
11-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Thank you, @fredvej, for your answer.
I have a doubt: Does encryption protect my files from being seen only by people who are physically near my pendrive or from Internet users too?

Yes, the files are protected by the encryption when the pendrive is not in use. If you lose the pendrive, the files are protected by the encryption.

When you use the pendrive to boot Knoppix and log in with your pass phrase, the files are accessible on the computer, but not from the Internet. Do not leave the computer when Knoppix is running.

Porteņo
11-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks again, @fredvej, for your answer.
I will ask about screen bright, but will do some homework before to give precision to the question.