PDA

View Full Version : Rotate screen?

mike00
09-29-2013, 10:12 AM
All my personal settings save just fine except rotate screen. Does anyone know how I can save my Screen Layout Editor settings in persistence?

klaus2008
10-16-2013, 10:40 AM
I think you should write a shell script that instructs ARandR to use a special screen layout. Since Knoppix is intended to be portable you could place a suitable desktop file on you desktop.

mike00
10-18-2013, 03:08 AM
I think you should write a shell script that instructs ARandR to use a special screen layout. Since Knoppix is intended to be portable you could place a suitable desktop file on you desktop.I do not know how to write scripts. If someone shows me what to type in terminal I can do that. I use Knoppix as my main OS on my home PC. It is a good OS and I really like it. I am using an NEC 24" monitor with a 16:10 aspect ratio. I prefer web browsing with my monitor in the vertical position because I do not have to scroll so much.

klaus2008
10-18-2013, 04:50 PM
In this case you can create a shell script with the 'Screen Layout Editor'. Start ARandR from the 'Preferences' section of the menu. Apply all your screen settings. Then use 'Save As' from the 'Layout' menu. Navigate to your Desktop folder and enter a name. Click on the 'Open' button. A file will appear on your desktop. You can open this file with a text editor like leafpad.
Next time you boot up your system you can click on this file and execute it in order to restore your screen layout.

mike00
10-20-2013, 03:11 AM
in this case ..thank you!