PDA

View Full Version : How to setup ADSL connection

satimis
06-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Hi all folks,

I could not find the English FAQ re setup ADSL to connect ISP - dynamic IP address. Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

Loper
06-23-2003, 06:37 AM
I could not find the English FAQ re setup ADSL to connect ISP - dynamic IP address.
What network card do you have? Which DSL "modem"? Is your network hardware recognized at boot-up? All I have to do is is run ADSL/PPPoE configuration from the start menu (it's under Internet ->Connect), press [Enter] a couple of times, enter my user ID and password, press [Enter] a few more times -- and I'm hooked up.

satimis
06-23-2003, 08:08 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I use ethernet network card and it can be detected. I made many tests starting form

Internet -> connection

and added all necessary information. But still I could not connect to broadband.

I have done many setup on Redhat Linux and the procedure is more or less the same. It is not complicate. However I could not make it on Knoppix. Maybe there is no place for storing the added information.

B.Regards
satimis

I could not find the English FAQ re setup ADSL to connect ISP - dynamic IP address.
What network card do you have? Which DSL "modem"? Is your network hardware recognized at boot-up? All I have to do is is run ADSL/PPPoE configuration from the start menu (it's under Internet ->Connect), press [Enter] a couple of times, enter my user ID and password, press [Enter] a few more times -- and I'm hooked up.