PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Detection Dlink products

-=NTL=-
06-22-2003, 08:30 PM
I have a DI-614+ wireless router and a DWL-520+ Wireless card and i was wondering if there was a way to install the drivers? It stated on the website that they have the drivers. But i am new to linux so i need to know how to install them. I tried with the wine program to run the CD but there was no luck there. Anyone know how to get this one resolved?

aay
06-23-2003, 01:34 AM
Hmm. I'm using the DWL-520 without problems. Hopefully the DWL-520+ will work without having to install any drivers. Try running the following program from a shell: netcardconfig

If you have installed Knoppix onto your hard drive then you will need to run it as root.

den dydige
06-23-2003, 11:37 AM
do you have the "+" version aay? As that is not based on the prism chipset but the acx100 chipset. The old dwl-520 is prismbased and quite well supported, where the acx100 is not since Texas Instrument have not, to my knowledge, released any Linux drivers/info about it.
However there however at http://acx100.sourceforge.net/ perhaps a solution. But will this work with Knoppix? Beats me and I haven't tried these myself, but I will give it a go, since I connect to my ISP with one I really need it.

aay
06-23-2003, 05:25 PM
You're right. I spoke out of ignorance. Sorry about that. No experience with 520+.

-=NTL=-
06-23-2003, 11:31 PM
No dice on those drivers. I guess ill jsut have to connect with a hard wire into my router.....Why is Texas Instruments Holding out??

ktheking
06-26-2003, 03:38 PM
try this :

http://www.hack.gr/users/panxer/wireless/

manjo
06-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Oh! MAN! I bought that lousy card from frys coz it was on sale, there are tons of problems even if you get the drivers. I figured that there is no support for these drivers and they have been withdrawn. I ran back to frys and bought myslef a netgear MA311 card, works like a champ, coz its prism based. After you plugin the card, dont try hacking the scripts and stuff, just type wlcardconfig answer bunch of questions and WOW! its works!

Just got my netgear MA311 working last night.....

--
Manjo