PDA

View Full Version : no microphone?

qwertyjjj
10-30-2014, 06:47 PM
I have a headset port (sound and mic). I can hear playback but the mic doesn;t work.,
When I start audacity it tells me I have an input problem.
Any ideas how I can get this to work in Knoppix?

Harry Kuhman
10-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Lots more details needed. Starting with, what is a "headset port"? Are you referring to two 3.5 mm jacks on the front of your computer as opposed to the rear? If so, have you tried using the microphone jack on the rear of the computer (assuming that we are even talking about a desktop rather than a laptop). It might help others to know what computer you have and even if there is a separate sound card what that card is. And is the actual message from Audacity "input problem"?

qwertyjjj
10-31-2014, 02:59 AM
Lots more details needed. Starting with, what is a "headset port"? Are you referring to two 3.5 mm jacks on the front of your computer as opposed to the rear? If so, have you tried using the microphone jack on the rear of the computer (assuming that we are even talking about a desktop rather than a laptop). It might help others to know what computer you have and even if there is a separate sound card what that card is. And is the actual message from Audacity "input problem"?

a port that has sound out and line in at the same time.
you use a combo headset,\.

lenovo t430s

seems like alsa is insalled
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [PCH ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
HDA Intel PCH at 0xf3530000 irq 43
29 [ThinkPadEC ]: ThinkPad EC - ThinkPad Console Audio Control
ThinkPad Console Audio Control at EC reg 0x30, fw unknown
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$

qwertyjjj
11-01-2014, 02:43 PM
a port that has sound out and line in at the same time.
you use a combo headset,\.

lenovo t430s

seems like alsa is insalled
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [PCH ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
HDA Intel PCH at 0xf3530000 irq 43
29 [ThinkPadEC ]: ThinkPad EC - ThinkPad Console Audio Control
ThinkPad Console Audio Control at EC reg 0x30, fw unknown
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$

what can I check?

Harry Kuhman
11-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Don't have an answer for you, I was hoping that knowing the device might help someone come up with suggestions. That tablet does also have a built in mic for the built in webcam and I expect that is the primary mic, but clearly you want to be able to use both and it sounds like you can't use either.

qwertyjjj
11-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Don't have an answer for you, I was hoping that knowing the device might help someone come up with suggestions. That tablet does also have a built in mic for the built in webcam and I expect that is the primary mic, but clearly you want to be able to use both and it sounds like you can't use either.

sound out works, I can hear it in my headphones.
But mic in does not.