PDA

View Full Version : Can't see some folders and files on partition

alpheer
02-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Hello all I had a problem in booting my hp laptop and recovery couldn't help me. Thus i decided to download Knoppix and has booted my laptop successfully with DVD. And Now , I have a problem in seeing - finding some of my folders - files in both partitions which are C: and D: D is used for windows and recovery. I have everything on C: What should i do , in order to find and back up to external harddrive my music , pictures . some documents etc...? I can see both of them on file manager with GB capacity. Any help would be appreciated , thanks in advance Alper

alpheer
02-19-2015, 05:50 PM
I think this was a bit complicated , let me be more clear , i can't see my essential files on the drives. Just some folders , .ini , .ink , etc...

Werner P. Schulz
02-19-2015, 10:37 PM
Perhaps in this Knoppix forum nobody knows, which directories Windows uses to hide all the files of the users. And since Windows 7 this OS plays hide an seek by so many symlinks between all his directories.

utu
02-20-2015, 01:49 AM
... nobody knows, which directories Windows uses to hide ... files of ... users..
I recently discovered some folders on my Win8 were hidden from my Win7, and vice-versa. I'd not been alert to this before.