PDA

View Full Version : Remastering instructions in the wiki need updating

chris-ukl
06-12-2015, 04:18 PM
I got + genisoimage -l -r -J -V KNOPPIX -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -o /home/knoppix/knx/remastered.iso /home/knoppix/knx/master I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings) genisoimage: Uh oh, I cant find the boot image 'boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin' ! when I tried remastering with the instructions in the wiki, for Knoppix CD 7.2 . Would someone who knows what they are doing care to go through the files and get the 'genisoimage' right for the current syslinux/isolinux ? Thanks !

Werner P. Schulz
06-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Your posting isn't formatted and therefore unreadable.

Please use the formatting suggestions and post again:
Use double "new line" for new section.

You can use the "Go Advanced" button to have more abilities to format the posting; before sending your posting use "Preview" to see how it looks like.

If "noscript" (within Iceweasel/Firefox) is active for http://knoppix.net/forum/ disable it for this website; otherwise you cannot use the format abilities. Do not use Chrome/Chromium!

Below the editor area is the "Additional Options" area. With "Attachments → Manage Attachments" you can upload images and after this insert them in your posting.

chris-ukl
06-12-2015, 10:44 PM
Remastering instructions in the wiki need updating

I got

+ genisoimage -l -r -J -V KNOPPIX -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -o /home/knoppix/knx/remastered.iso /home/knoppix/knx/master

I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings) genisoimage: Uh oh, I cant find the boot image 'boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin' !

when I tried remastering with the instructions in the wiki, for Knoppix CD 7.2 . Would someone who knows what they are doing care to go through the files and get the 'genisoimage' right for the current syslinux/isolinux ? Thanks !

(Hope this is formatted reasonably)

Werner P. Schulz
06-13-2015, 08:17 AM
From the Wiki:

Find the partition you will use to work on and change the variable "PFAD" within the scripts as you need. In this example it is called /media/sda1.

Have you done this within krhowto_1 to krhowto_4?

chris-ukl
06-13-2015, 01:06 PM
I was working on a USB key which had been installed from Knoppix CD. I changed PFAD to /home/knoppix in the scripts.
The problem is that the bootfile for the CD has changed. I can maybe figure what is going on by looking at the 'syslinux' web site, but maybe someone who already knows could get it right first time.

chris-ukl
06-13-2015, 01:39 PM
I think it may be a difference between running from USB key and CD. Let me try it again, from CD.

Werner P. Schulz
06-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Yes, the script only works with the origin CD.