PDA

View Full Version : Kernel image not found - Issues

kulwen
01-09-2003, 08:08 AM
I am completely new to Knoppix and Linux. When attempting to run Knoppix from the CD on a Dell Insiron 8100 notebook with Windows 2000 NTFS structure and a partition with a FAT structure I am having issues. It will load the first main screen with the logos , and put me at the root prompt. It does not matter what I type at the prompt I receive a the message "Kernel image not found." Does anyone have any idea what my next should be? Thank you.

eadz
01-09-2003, 08:26 AM
you're not supposed to type anything, just press enter

Dave_Bechtel
01-09-2003, 09:55 PM
--Yep, that doesn't sound like the ROOT prompt; that's the BOOT prompt. Hit F2 for more options.

--People, please READ WHAT'S ON THE SCREEN first before posting :roll:

...the grass is getting greener all the time...

I am completely new to Knoppix and Linux. When attempting to run Knoppix from the CD on a Dell Insiron 8100 notebook with Windows 2000 NTFS structure and a partition with a FAT structure I am having issues. It will load the first main screen with the logos , and put me at the root prompt. It does not matter what I type at the prompt I receive a the message "Kernel image not found." Does anyone have any idea what my next should be? Thank you.

kulwen
01-10-2003, 05:44 AM
Eadz
Thank you for the help.

Dave_Bechtel
I apologize; it appears I have tweaked you a little. As I stated in the post I am also new to Linux. I was unaware that the screen I was receiving was what I was supposed to see. I did hit F2 for more options, but can not read the language the options were in to make sense of what to do next. Thank you