PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 8.1 don’t find its boot media

BORTKOMMEN
12-18-2017, 02:00 PM
I have Knoppix 8.1 from the Linux Magazine. When I boot from the DVD I can see Knoppix Welcome screen. When I give the command knoppix64 in the boot prompt Knoppix begins to scan my harddrives but do not find ”itself” in the cd-slot and then stops.
My computer has an ordinary Bios not UEFI.
I managed to solve that problem. I wrote knoppix64 /dev/sr0 in the command prompt.

But this is the problem I hope someone can help me with:

I installed Knoppix using the install function in Knoppix to a flashdisk with a persistence partition. Now I have the same problem as above. It scans the drives but cannot find the usb-stick.

Gparted in Knoppix tells me the usb-drive is sdg with two partitions /dev/sdg1 and /dev/sdg2 for the persistence partition.

No boot with the command ”Knoppix64 /dev/sdg1”

What command should I use?

Is this a bug or not? In my opinion yes.

philo
12-21-2017, 05:22 PM
Do not type any command. What happens?

BORTKOMMEN
12-23-2017, 02:07 PM
Without any commands the same. Begins scanning my drives:

Searching for Knoppix 8.1 in: /dev/"scanning my harddisks drives" and then nothing.

Same thing on my second computer with an ordinary old Bios.

For comparision another bootable USB-stick ( TAILS ) boots directly with the same boot order in Bios.

On another computer, a laptop with UEFI, Knoppix boots when secure boot is off and legacy boot enabled.

philo
12-23-2017, 09:12 PM
Download a fresh iso from one of the knoppix mirrors , checksum, burn it and use it for a fresh installation.