PDA

View Full Version : SuperKaramba problem

Pasq
06-26-2003, 05:04 PM
When I want to compile SuperKaramba (./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3) it shows:

checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.

Does anyone have similar problem?

rickenbacherus
06-26-2003, 07:44 PM
apt-get qt (you might need to get the exact name of the program). I found a good bit of info at Debian (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3311)

Keep in mind that after an install you have Debian. :D

Pasq
06-26-2003, 07:56 PM
I remember that I have compiled it once, but I don't have any ide how I did it :))))) I didn't get qt, and I want remaster my Knoppix with SuperKarambama, not to install it.

rickenbacherus
06-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Here's the QT homepage (http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/)

I want remaster my Knoppix with SuperKarambama, not to install it.

It might help if I looked at what forum you posted in huh? :D

Pasq
06-26-2003, 08:40 PM
But I know that I don't have to get qt, it is installed at /usr/share/qt3/ I did it once, but I don't remember how I did it.

rickenbacherus
06-26-2003, 08:51 PM
checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.

Does anyone have similar problem?

Well it would seem that your install is perhaps not right. Of course I can't say for sure. I might be way off base. Did you check the install logs as suggested in the error message you got? Sorry- those are my only guesses. I've never remasterd a Knoppix disc before. I would however suggesst that you join the mailing list. You'll have the next best thing to direct access to the developers- Klaus included. gluck

Pasq
06-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Is here anyone who compiled it with success ?

Pasq
06-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Oh sorry for my mistake, it is an error when I use ./configure, when I use it with option --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 i says that I don't have qt-mt lib, but it is in /usr/share/qt3/lib, I don't understand it.

Stephen
06-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Oh sorry for my mistake, it is an error when I use ./configure, when I use it with option --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 i says that I don't have qt-mt lib, but it is in /usr/share/qt3/lib, I don't understand it.

You probably need a --with-qt-lib-dir or whatever it will be called it should be in the docs or even ./configure --help should give you a list of options.

Pasq
06-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Ok, found an error, I changed default gcc to 2.95, with gcc 3.2 it is compiled with success. Thx all.

Ghandalfar
06-26-2003, 11:12 PM
http://gand.owca.info/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/superkaramba_0.25-1_i386.deb

aay
06-27-2003, 01:49 AM
http://gand.owca.info/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/superkaramba_0.25-1_i386.deb

Hehe. Nice. Maybe I'll try SK. I previously used Karamba on my laptop, but it is a CPU hog and this laptop already gets hotter than hell.

Coume
07-22-2003, 07:48 AM
Ok, found an error, I changed default gcc to 2.95, with gcc 3.2 it is compiled with success. Thx all.

Hello,
could you explain how to do that :)
I'm a newbie and I have the same problem when I try to install superkaramba.
Bu tI do not understand much when you said I changed gcc 2:95 by 3.2 and then compiled?

Could you give some details???

Thxs in advance
Regards
Ludo

Stephen
07-22-2003, 08:46 AM
Bu tI do not understand much when you said I changed gcc 2:95 by 3.2 and then compiled?

Could you give some details???

Thxs in advance
Regards
Ludo

Before you start the compiling process as root in the console export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-2.95 and it will set the compiler in use to gcc 2.95 for that shell then you compile as you normally would.

Coume
07-22-2003, 10:48 AM
Thxs
I'll try to do that and let you know if it works.

Ludo